Create a Tutor Account
This function will be performed in the Admin Portal.
A tutor's role is to guide the learners through their language learning. There can only be one tutor assigned per instructional group. Tutors will have access to message learners directly, assign content and view additional progress reports. The creation of a tutor is not required if this type of role is not necessary within your organization. Please note that we will be covering the Tutor privileges in more depth in Step 6 of this guide.
1. To create a Tutor account just click on the Tutor tab.
2. Once in the Tutor section you may create a new Tutor by clicking on the New tab or Create from Existing User. The Create from Existing User option will allow you to tie in your tutor log-in to your administrator account log-in allowing for a single sign-on and then selecting the role and portal you would like to access.
3. When filling out information for a new tutor, all the fields with * are required. Click "Save" when done.
Assigning Learners to their Tutor for tracking purposes:
If learners already exist on the site, follow the next steps. If you have yet to register any learners, please continue onto the next step in this guide 3.3 Create and Define Settings for an Instructional Group to learn how to assign your tutor to the correct learners and groups.
1. From the Tutor’s account, click on the Learners tab to add learners.
2. Use the various search fields to search for the existing learners that you wish to attach to this Tutor.
3. Select the checkbox next to the learners you wish to assign to this tutor and then select assign from the bottom.
Next, learn how to create an Instructional Group.