What If My Learners Don't Receive Their Welcome Emails?
How Can I Tell If A Learner Hasn't Received The Welcome Email?
It can be difficult to determine whether a learner can't sign in because he or she hasn't received a Welcome Email or because they simply forgot their password. I've included some common scenarios below that may help indicate a missing Welcome Email.
Here are some questions you can ask the learner to determine this:
The easiest way to determine if a learner hasn't received the Welcome Email is to check the learner's profile in the Administrator Tools.
1. Open the Administrator Tools and click on the "Users" section.
2. Find the learner on the list and check if there is a date under the "Profile Completed" column. If the learner's profile is completed then the learner has received the email and was able to successfully activate the account. If there is not a date that means the profile is still incomplete and could be due to the learner not receiving the Welcome Email.
3. Click directly on the learner's name to open the learner's profile.
4. If the learner hasn't activated the account you will see an option at the bottom to "Resend Welcome Email". You can click the button to attempt to resend the Welcome Email.
Even After Resending The Welcome Email The Learner Still Doesn't Receive Anything
If the learner can't receive the Welcome Email despite multiple attempts at sending it, it is possible to create a Manual Registration link for the learner. This link will act the same as the link sent through the Welcome Email and allow the learner to complete the profile.
1. Open the affected learner's profile in the Administrator Tools. You may notice that the URL or web address changes when clicking on a learner's profile. This is because every learner is assigned a unique GUID or random string of numbers that uniquely identifies the learner's account from all other accounts. The learner's GUID can be found in the URL of the profile. In the example below, the unique GUID for the account is f5644efd-06ee-4df7-ba0c-24bad62c09b5. You will want to highlight the GUID and copy it.
Note that the URL for the learner's profile will always follow this format: https://administratortools.rosettastone.com/#/people/edit/GUID/profile
For the example given above, the Manual Registration link for the account is: https://login.rosettastone.com/#/register/f5644efd-06ee-4df7-ba0c-24bad62c09b5
3. Send the Manual Registration link to the learner and have them open the link in an incognito or private browser window. In Google Chrome the shortcut to open an incognito window is "Ctrl + Shift + N". In Internet Explorer and Firefox the shortcut to open a private window is "Ctrl + Shift + P". It is important to open the link in one of these private browser windows to avoid any cached data the browser may have stored for the website. Once the learner copy and pastes the Manual Registration link into the new window the profile completion screen where the learner will create a password and decide other important account settings. This is the exact same screen the Welcome Email takes learners.
This method is an effective workaround, but it is not suggested to be used for every single learner. Please coordinate with your IT department to discuss security settings and how they may be effecting your emails.