Learner Registration via Import
When registering a large number of users it is most convenient to import them all at once. When importing learners, you will need to have the learner data stored in a spreadsheet. You will then have the option to copy and paste the data into Administrator Tools or import it using a CSV file.
How to prepare your data for importing.
Use one row for each user record, and use one column for each data field. Please include column headings in the first row.
Use optional fields to include additional information, such as a learner ID number. (You can assign these fields after uploading your file.)
Note - You can import up to 1000 users at a time. Large files may take several minutes to import.
View sample CSV spreadsheet
How to import data.
1. From the "Users" tab, click on the user addition icon at the top of the screen and select "Import users".
2. Fill out a spreadsheet with all of the fields above and all necessary information for the learners you wish to import. Once that has been done, you will have two options with which to import the data.
3A. Paste From Spreadsheet
Copy your list of users from a spreadsheet, then paste it in the "Paste From Spreadsheet" table. Be sure to use your keyboard to paste the list (Ctrl + V on a PC, or Command + V on a Mac). Column headings must be included in the first row.
3B. Import CSV File
Select "Browse Files" and open the spreadsheet with your user data.
4. Your users will now appear listed in the "Import Users" page. Select "Import" to upload them.
If at this point you notice any changes that need to be made you may perform an inline edit by double clicking on the field you wish to edit.
5. Navigate to the "Users" page and select the learners to whom you wish to add licenses. Click on the licenses menu at the top of the screen and select "Assign licenses".
6. Select the appropriate product and license for the new users and then click "Assign".
7. After receiving a confirmation that your user accounts are updated, you can send welcome emails to new users.
Next, learn how to remove licenses from user accounts.