MAC OS X: headset set up
Configuring Your Microphone in Mac OS X
For best results, use a USB device: either a USB headset or USB earbuds equipped with a microphone.
1. Plug your device into an available USB Port.
2. Click the Apple icon on the upper-left corner the screen.
3. Select System Preferences .
4. Click on the Sound icon (located on the far right of the Hardware row).
5. Click the Output tab.
6. Select your USB headset as the output device. It may be listed as C-Media USB Audio Device, USB VoIP Device , or other USB device.
7. Adjust the Output volume to 30%.
8. Click on the Input tab and select your USB device as the input device. The device will have the same name as the one you selected in the output tab.
9. Adjust the input volume to 50%.
10. Close the Sound window.