These instructions are intended to help backup and restore user data/progress in TELL ME MORE Version 10. These instructions apply to Windows XP, Vista, 7, 8, and 10.
- Click on the Start button and select My Computer or Computer. On Windows 8 or 10, you can click on Windows Key on your keyboard, and start typing "Computer" and press Enter.
- Select Tools (XP) or Organize (Vista, 7, 8, 10)
- Select Folder options (XP), Folder and search options (Vista, 7, 8, 10)
- Select the View tab, select Show hidden files, folders, and drives under Hidden files and folder
- Now you can find the user data file named “tmm.sdf” in one of the following locations:
- Windows XP: C:\Documents ans Settings\User_Name\Local Settings\Application Data\Auralog\ xxxx-xxxxxxxxxxxx\db
- Windows Vista, 7, 8, or 10 C:\Users\User_Name\AppData\local\Auralog\xxxxxxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxxxxxxxxxx\db
* Please note that “User_Name” is only used as an example as user account names will vary.
* ”xxxxxxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxxxxxxxxxx” represents your product key for TELL ME MORE.
- Once the file has been located, copy and paste the file on to a USB thumb drive or external hard drive.
- To restore your user data file, first install TELL ME MORE on the other computer and then navigate to the location where the “tmm.sdf” file was first copied from in Step 4.
- Copy and paste the “tmm.sdf” file to this location.
If a message appears that says the file already exists, just confirm that you want to copy over the old file.