Phrasebook provides common phrases pronounced by a native speaker and allows you to practice saying them yourself.
Make a choice below to learn more about Phrasebook:
Where to find Phrasebook
Phrasebook can be accessed through an Online Subscription or through the Learn Language With Rosetta Stone mobile app on Apple devices.
Which do you have?
- Click Extended Learning and then Phrasebook at the top of the screen.
Learn Languages With Rosetta Stone (iOS)
- From the main screen, tap the Menu button at the top right
- Tap Extended Learning
- Tap Phrasebook
How to use Phrasebook
Although the interface may look different between the mobile app and the web, using Phrasebook is fundamentally the same.
- Select a Phrasebook of your interest
- It may ask to test your microphone prior to starting
- Once in the Phrasebook, you may listen to the speaker and then attempt to pronounce that same phrase.
How are you accessing Phrasebook?
Through a web browser
- Once you enter a Phrasebook, click the play button to hear the native speaker
- Click the record button to practice the phrase yourself powered by our TruAccent speech recognition technology.
- To view a phrase in your native language, click to view it. Click it again to turn off translation.
Through an Apple mobile device
- Once you enter a Phrasebook, tap the play button to hear the native speaker
- Tap the record button to practice the phrase yourself powered by our TruAccent speech recognition technology.
- To view the phrase in your native language, tap to view it. Tap it again to turn off translation.