To install Rosetta Stone® Version 3 on a computer without a CD-ROM drive you will need:
- An empty USB flash drive (a.k.a memory stick, thumb drive)
- An internet connection for your computer
- A second computer with a working CD-drive.
: Before attempting to install Rosetta Stone Version 3, please ensure your device meets our system requirements
First download the Rosetta Stone® Version 3 Application:
- Download Rosetta Stone® Version 3.
- Double-click on the Rosetta Stone® Version 3 Update to install the application.
Next transfer the Language CD files onto a flash drive:
For Windows, click here
For Mac, click hereNote:
Steps 1-5 should be done on your second computer and not your netbook.
- Insert the Language CD into your second computer's CD-drive
- Plug your empty flash drive into an available USB-port
Note: In order to successfully install a Language Level, your flash drive must be completely empty . You may want to create a folder on your desktop to store the contents of your flash drive.
- Click Start
- Click My Computer (Or Computer)
- Drag the contents of the Language CD onto your flash drive
* There should be 4 folders: Data, Documentation, Languages and Speech
- Eject the flash drive and your Language CD
- Insert the Language CD into your second computer’s CD-ROM drive.
- Plug your empty flash drive into an available USB-port.
Note: In order to successfully install a Language Level, your flash drive must be completely empty. You may want to create a folder on your desktop to temporarily store the contents of your flash drive.
- Navigate to your Desktop and double click on the CD icon. Highlight the four folders (data, documentation, languages, and speech) and drag them onto your flash drive.
- It may take several minutes for the folders and their contents to transfer, but the folders data, documentation, languages, and speech should then be present on the flash drive.
- Eject the flash drive from your second computer.
Install the Language Level using the flash drive:
- Insert the flash drive into an available USB-port on your computer.
- Go to Applications and launch Rosetta Stone Version 3.
- Click Add a Language Level.
- Disregard the message to insert the Language CD into the CD- ROM drive and press Continue.
- Follow the prompts to finish installing.
If you have additional Language Levels to install:
- Delete the four folders from your flash drive.
- Repeat the steps to transfer the subsequent Language CDs to your flash drive.
- Launch Rosetta Stone Version 3, click the circle with three lines in the upper right (Preferences button).
- Click Add or Remove Languages .
- Click Add a Language level and follow the prompts to install.