This installation guide shows you how to install and activate Rosetta Stone® Language Learning CD-ROM on a Mac computer.Note: Windows users, please see How to Install and Activate Rosetta Stone Language Learning CD-ROM on Windows
If you prefer to watch how this is done, a video tutorial is also available here.
- Insert your Application CD into your CD-ROM drive . This CD can be found inside your Rosetta Stone Box in the CD wallet; it will be labeled Application.
- A window will automatically appear. Double-click Rosetta Stone Language Training.pkg from within the window.
- Click continue when the Rosetta Stone Language Training Installer screen appears.
- Read the License Agreement carefully and click Continue . If you agree with the terms, click Agree.
- Click Install.
- Enter the user name and password for your computer's administrator account and click OK .
- As Rosetta Stone Language Training installs, the following screen will appear and display the amount of time left in the installation.
- Once the program's installed, you'll find Rosetta Stone in your Applications folder.
The application should automatically launch right after installation. If it doesn't just double-click the Rosetta Stone application in your Applications folder.
If you open the program and it prompts for an update, follow the steps below. If not, skip to Install Languages
- Click Update Now at the bottom of the update window.
- Once it finishes downloading, click OK.
- On the left side of your Finder window, click Rosetta Stone Update.pkg and double click the package icon to run the update installer.
When you start Rosetta Stone for the first time or without having installed any languages, the program will open a screen where you will see the option to add a language level.
- Select the option Add a Language Level.
- Eject the application CD, and insert the language level CD.
- Select Continue.
- Select Install selected language.
- Installation will begin. This will take a couple minutes to install. You will see a screen showing the progress and the time remaining.
- If you wish to install an additional level, select the option of Add More. If you choose to continue, please select Continue to complete the installation process.
To add another language level at a later time, please see this article .
After application and language installation, you'll automatically be prompted to activate. Activating unlocks access to all exercises.
- Insert your 28 digit Activation ID in the boxes on the screen. You can find your Activation ID inside your box.
- Click Activate
- When the confirmation of successful activation appears, click Continue
Create your profile
Once activate, you will be ready to create your learner profile.
- Fill out the required boxes in the Create a New Learner screen, and then select Continue.
- Fill out your email and password, and then click Continue.
- Finally, you will have the option to select your course. The program defaults to the recommended: Reading, Writing, Speaking and Listening or Reading, Writing, Speaking and Listening - Extended depending on your language. Please select Continue.
You are now ready to begin learning your new language. If you are still in need of assistance, please contact Rosetta Stone Support