Error 8811 occurs because the Activation ID was not recognized by Rosetta Stone.
Where can I find my Activation Code ?
Note: Activation codes are a string of alpha-numeric characters.
Here's how to fix it:
First, re-enter the Activation ID and double-check the code.
- Delete all the characters from the activation boxes.
- Re-enter the Activation ID into the boxes provided. You can also get another person to read the Activation ID to you, and you can type in the Activation ID into the Activation Boxes.
- Double-check the fields to ensure they match the code on your Activation ID card.
- Click Activate.
- If you're still receiving the error, then proceed to the next section.
Ensure the serial number is not being entered:
If the activation ID is correct, are there any old activation attempts stored on your computer?If yes:
- If you purchased Rosetta Stone Language Learning CD-ROM product, then your code is located on the back of the Activation ID Card. You will need to scratch off the gray film to reveal your activation ID.
- Enter the code, and click Activate.
Please follow these steps to remove all Rosetta Stone FLEXnet trusted storage.
Still need help?
- Close Rosetta Stone and open the Services window.
- Stop Flexnet Licensing Service and RosettaStoneDaemon from within the Services window.
- Open the Flexnet Trusted Storage directory in Windows by opening the START menu and then typing the following: C:\ProgramData\Flexnet\
- Delete any files beginning with "rosetta" and is a DATA file type.
- Leave any files beginning with "adobe" alone, as removal could cause Adobe license breakage.
- Start RosettaStoneDaemon from within the Services menu, which was opened previously.
- Reopen Rosetta Stone and reattempt program activation with your ID.
We would be glad to assist you. You can contact Rosetta Stone Support here
in order to get help creating a new activation ID.