This installation guide shows you how to install and activate Rosetta Stone Version 3 software on a Windows PC.
Note: Mac users please see How do I install Rosetta Stone Version 3 (Mac OS X)?
- Find the CD labeled Application in the yellow envelope that came in your Rosetta Stone box.
- Insert the Application CD into your CD-drive.
- Close the pop-up window that appears after you insert the CD (some systems the pop-up window may not be displayed. If you do not see the window you can skip to step 3).
- Select your interface language. Your interface language is your native language , not the language you want to learn.
- Click OK
- Rosetta Stone will extract the installation files
- The Rosetta Stone Setup Wizard will appear
- Click Next
- Read and accept the End User License Agreement.
- Click Next.
- Click Next to install Rosetta Stone to the default folder.
- Click Install.
- After the installation completes, click finish.
- Open Rosetta Stone and add your Language Levels.
Install Language Levels
When you start Rosetta Stone for the first time you will be prompted to install your language levels.
- Click Add a Language Level.
- Insert your Language CD into your CD drive and wait 15 seconds for the drive to detect the CD. On some Windows computers, the auto-play wizard may open a new window. Close this window.
- Go back to Rosetta Stone and click Continue. The Rosetta Stone program will now search for the language CD that is in your CD drive.
- Click Install selected language
- Click Accept, when you see the prompt below, to approve the location of the installation.
Installing a Language level requires 600 MB of free disk space on your computer’s hard drive.
- As the level installs, the following screen will appear, showing how much time is left in the installation process:
- Click Continue after the level has been installed.
After installing the language/s, you'll be prompted to Activate. Activating unlocks access to all exercises.
- Enter your Activation ID in the boxes on the Unactivated Products tab (this can be found on the Activation Card that came in your Rosetta Stone box).
- Click Activate on the bottom left corner of the activation window.
- Click Continue.
To add another language level at a later time, please see this article .
If you are still in need of assistance, please contact Rosetta Stone Support .