Rosetta Stone is in the process of removing dependence on Adobe Flash in our products. Please read through this article for detailed information.
Table of Contents
There are no additional features; we’ve just improved the experience by reducing reliance on Adobe Flash.
- Rosetta Stone Course no longer requires Adobe Flash.
- Graphical enhancements have been made but the largest change to users may be the home screen.
Classic Home Screen
|New Home Screen
Classic Microphone Setup
New Microphone Setup
Classic Settings Menu
New Settings Menu
No more flash prompts!
More about the home screen
The homescreen is the screen shown right after logging in and from which a user may select a lesson. This area contains the most significant changes:
Getting started in the new interface
Picking up where you left off in your last session or starting a new lesson
- Sign in to enter the home screen
- Click the button highlighted in blue; Start or Resume
Picking a different unit or lesson than what is suggested
- From the home screen, click "Show Menu"
- Select a Unit
- Select a Lesson or Exercise
Exercise status and scores at a glance
Before a learner starts an activity, the progress bar displays the estimated time (just like mobile), and the action button indicates the learner can start the activity.
Once a learner has started an activity, the status above the progress bar changes to "In progress" and the bar fills accordingly:
Text under the status bar displays the number correct, incorrect, and skipped.
- Green indicates correct answers
- Red indicates incorrect answers
- Dark Gray indicates skipped questions
- Light Gray indicates questions not seen
The action button indicates the learner can resume the activity.
|Complete - Passed|
Once a learner has completed the activity, the status above the progress bar displays their score.
If the learner has passed the activity, a green check appears next to the progress bar, and the action changes to "Review."
|Complete - Not Passed|
If the learner has completed the activity but did not meet the score threshold, they'll see a red alert icon next to the progress bar. The action button also shows that they may retry the activity.
Are there limitations?
- Flash is required when accessing Games & Activities and Live Tutoring. More features will be available without Flash as the development progresses.
- Speech analysis is currently unavailable though speech exercises still function.
- Compatible with Safari 10/11, and current and previous two versions of Chrome, Edge, and Firefox