|Congratulations on your first step to learning a new language. You’re probably very excited to get started so we won’t waste any time.
What you'll need:
Note: If you want access through a mobile device, follow the Getting Started Guide for our mobile app after following this guide.
- Login credentials.You can find your login credentials within an automated email sent to you right after your new purchase.
- Microphone. Typically a built-in microphone on a laptop will do, but a microphone headset will provide the best experience.
- A computer. A PC or Mac that meets system requirements.
Access Your Program
Note: If you've forgotten your password, you may reset it by clicking "Forgot your password?" from this page.
- In an internet browser, go to https://univision.rosettastone.com
- Type in your email address and password, then click Sign In. Both of these fields are case-sensitive.
Set Up Your User Account
Before you can get started learning, we need to know a little bit about you to cater the program to your learning needs.
Setup your headset
The program will want to make sure your microphone is working properly for optimal voice recognition.
- Click "Start Lesson"
- Select the proper microphone from the list shown. A USB headset is recommended, however, if you don’t have one, you can choose a Built-In microphone if you’re on a laptop.
- Click Continue
- At the Adobe Flash Player Prompt, select the microphone tab, then select the microphone from the dropdown menu.
- Allow access to the microphone by Flash and any prompts that may appear from your browser.
Start LearningNow that your user profile is setup and your microphone is calibrated, you can begin learning!
- Once you hear the tone, speak “1, 2, 3, 4, 5”. You’ll see the white dots light up as you speak.
- If the process was successful, click Continue.
- If the test is unsuccessful, click Retry. If you aren’t seeing white dots appear when you speak, click Audio Settings at the bottom and select another microphone from the list.
- The very first exercise is a speaking exercise. Repeat what you hear after the tone. The next slides will require you to make a selection with your mouse pointer according to the text, audio, or images provided.