"Fatal Error: We couldn't connect to the Speech Component" occurs while connecting to a Studio session on Version 4 TOTALe. If the Version 4 TOTALe application is open while connecting to a Live Tutoring session through your internet browser, then the error will occur.
Here's how to fix it:
- Close your internet browser (Either Firefox, Chrome, Internet Explorer, or Safari).
- Open Rosetta Stone TOTALe.
- Select your username, and be sure the box under your name is checked.
- Your internet browser will open again.
- Close the Rosetta Stone TOTALe application.
*Windows: Right-click on Rosetta Stone TOTALe on your taskbar, and click Close window.
*Mac: Control + Click on Rosetta Stone TOTALe on your dock and click Quit.
- Login to TOTALe using your username and password.
- Join your Live Tutoring session.