Schedule and Attend Live Coaching
There are three types of Live Tutoring/Coaching sessions:
Click here to learn more about what is included in each type of Live Tutoring/Coaching session.
Coaching sessions are also available on mobile.
School and Work Customers: Some Live Tutoring/Coaching features are not available for your learners by default. Please contact your Rosetta Stone representative for more information on accessing these features.
On-demand videos are available in the following languages:
To access Live Lessons on web:
Live Lessons are available in the following languages:
We recommend scheduling your sessions ahead of time so you'll have a better selection of Live Tutoring/Coaching session times.
Follow the steps below to schedule a Live Tutoring/Coaching Session:
1. Sign in to Rosetta Stone on a computer.
2. Hover over the “Coaching” button at the top right of your program and click “Schedule”
3. Click “Schedule a session.”
4. Choose from the available topics at the top of your screen.
5. Next, use the calendar to find a session on a day and time that works for you, then click “Schedule” next to a session that already has the Unit and Lesson assigned or one of the “Recommended for You” sessions.
6. You’ll get a pop-up confirming the session you’ve selected. You can confirm by clicking “Schedule Session” or go back and select a different session by clicking “Cancel.”
7. If you book the session, you will get a message that it has been successfully added to your schedule.
8. The session will now appear on your Live Tutoring/Coaching Dashboard and you’ll have options to perform a system check prior to the session to ensure your audio works properly, or cancel the session by clicking the trash can icon in the top right of the session card.
“Recommended for You” Live Tutoring/Coaching sessions are “wild card” sessions and some do not have a Unit or Lesson assigned to them (YET!). “Recommended for You” sessions appear under both the “Recommended for You” and all Unit tiles at the top of the screen at first. When a learner selects one of these “Recommended for You” sessions that does not have a Unit or Lesson assigned, they will then have the option to choose the Unit and Lesson they would like to cover following the steps below:
1. Select your preferred Unit at the top of the screen OR select “Recommended for You,” then select a day that works for you. Scroll through the available times and click “Schedule” on the time you would like to book.
2. If you choose a session without a Unit and Lesson assigned, scroll through the available Units and Lessons, then click on one that works for you. Then click “Schedule.”
3. You'll receive confirmation that you would like to schedule this session. Click “Schedule Session” and it will be added to your schedule.
Here are some tips to prepare for your Live Tutoring/Coaching session:
1. Sign in to Rosetta Stone on a computer.
2. About 30 minutes before the scheduled start time of your Live Tutoring/Coaching session, you will see a countdown to the Live Tutoring/Coaching session in the top right corner of your Rosetta Stone homepage.
3. Click on the Live Tutoring/Coaching icon on your toolbar.
4. On the right side of your Live Tutoring/Coaching Dashboard, click “Join Session” on the session that is about to start under Upcoming Sessions.
5. Follow the prompts to calibrate your headset and speakers on the System Check screen. Then click “Join” to join the session.
6. Your Coach will appear and greet you once the session begins. Greet your Coach when you are addressed, remember to speak only in your new language, and enjoy interacting with others!
7. If you encounter issues, let your Coach know either by speaking or using the chat function, or go to support.rosettastone.com to contact our Product Support team.
8. After the session, you can provide a rating and give feedback to help us improve future sessions!
We want to make sure that you have the best possible experience in Live Tutoring/Coaching, whether you are scheduling, attending, or rescheduling a Live Tutoring/Coaching session. If you’re having issues with Live Tutoring/Coaching, please refer to the common troubleshooting steps below.
To view your Live Tutoring/Coaching session schedule in a different time zone, you must change the Time Zone setting in your profile.
1. Hover over your name on the toolbar, and click "Edit Profile.”
2. Click "Day and Time Settings" on the left side.
3. Use the Time Zone drop-down to choose a different time zone.
4. Click "Save" at the top right, then click the Live Tutoring/Coaching button at the top to go back to the scheduling tool.
Important: If your time zone does not appear in the selections, then sign out and close all internet browser windows. Adjust the time zone and other time settings (such as daylight savings) through your computer settings then sign back into Rosetta Stone to verify or update your profile.
Echoes in Live Tutoring/Coaching sessions usually occur because your headset, or another participant's headset, isn't configured properly. Ensuring your headset is configured using the System Check before attending your Live Tutoring/Coaching session is the best way to prevent echoes in your Live Tutoring/Coaching session.
If other learners or the coach in your Live Tutoring/Coaching session can't hear you speaking, even after you've set up your microphone, try leaving and re-entering the Live Tutoring/Coaching session. If you continue to have difficulties, go to support.rosettastone.com to contact our Product Support team.
Under rare circumstances, Rosetta Stone may have to cancel a Live Tutoring/Coaching session. For example, a Coach may be unavailable or the site may experience technical difficulties. If you are scheduled for a Live Tutoring/Coaching session that is canceled, please schedule another Live Tutoring/Coaching session as soon as possible.
We know that things can come up, and if you believe you won't be able to attend your Live Tutoring/Coaching, we encourage you to cancel your registration to help provide other learners the opportunity to attend. You can cancel by signing in to your profile, navigating to the Live Tutoring/Coaching screen, and clicking the three dots then “Cancel Session” in the top right of the session you want to cancel.
Then click “Yes, cancel session.”