This installation guide shows you how to install and activate Rosetta Stone® Language Learning CD-ROM on a Windows computer.
Note: Mac users, please see How to Install and Activate Rosetta Stone Language Learning CD-ROM on Mac
- Insert your Application CD into your CD-ROM drive. Your Application CD can be found inside your Rosetta Stone® Box in the CD wallet; it will be labeled Application.*The application disk has a blue ring around the middle.
- Choose your preferred interface language. Your interface language is your native language—not the language you want to learn.
- Follow the steps prompted by the Rosetta Stone Language Training Setup Wizard. Click Next > to continue.
- Read the License Agreement . If you choose to accept all of the terms, click Yes. You will be asked to accept 2 different License Agreements.
- Please wait while the files are copied onto your computer. This may take a few minutes.
- After the files are finished loading, click Finish to exit the Setup Wizard.
- Rosetta stone applications should launch automatically.
If you open the program and it prompts for an update, follow the steps below. If not, skip to Install Languages
- Click Update Now at the bottom of the update window.
- Once it finishes downloading, click OK.
- The application should restart automatically. If it doesn't, double-click on the Rosetta Stone icon on your Windows desktop or search for it through the Start menu.
When you start Rosetta Stone for the first time or without having installed any languages, the program will open a screen where you will see the option to add a language level.
If you do not
receive the prompt to Add, Remove or Deactivate
then click Preferences
, then Manage Languages
. If you do receive the Add, Remove or Deactivate prompt, then proceed to the next step.
- Click Add a Language Level . You'll be prompted to insert the Language CD in the CD-ROM drive.
- At the prompt, remove your Application CD and insert your Language Level CD (See below). The Language cd has a green ring around the middle.
- Click Continue then Install selected language .
- Click Accept to install your Language level CD to the default location.
- Your language level CD files will begin to install. This may take a few minutes; you will see a screen showing the installation time remaining.
- If you have additional language levels you wish to install, click Add More. Otherwise, click Continue to complete the installation process.
After application and language installation, you'll automatically be prompted to activate. Activating unlocks access to all exercises.
- Insert your 28 digit Activation ID in the boxes on the screen. You can find your Activation ID inside your box.
- Click Activate
- When the confirmation of successful activation appears, click Continue
Create Your Profile
Once activated, you will be ready to create your learner profile.
- Fill out the required boxes in the Create a New Learner screen, and then select Continue.
- Fill out your email and password, and then click Continue.
- Finally, you will have the option to select your course. The program defaults to the recommended: Reading, Writing, Speaking and Listening or Reading, Writing, Speaking and Listening - Extended depending on your language. Please select Continue.
You are now ready to begin learning your new language.