All About Live Tutoring and Our Current Unlimited Live Tutoring Offer
Now through June 30, 2020, we will be giving free unlimited group live tutoring sessions to consumers with active accounts!
Note: the minimum age for live tutoring is 13.
One free session can be scheduled at a time, and once you complete that session you can schedule another. If you have Rosetta Stone Unlimited Languages, you can schedule a session for any language you’d like (not available for Latin), but you can only have one session scheduled at a time per account. The scheduled session will only appear as scheduled on the Live Tutoring Dashboard for the language selected. Tutoring sessions are a review of the units; therefore, maximize your experience by choosing a session associated with the units you have just completed.
The free sessions being offered are group tutoring sessions. Additional group and private tutoring sessions are available for purchase from your “My Account” page. If you have previously purchased sessions available, you will have access to those sessions in addition to the free unlimited group sessions being provided. Previously purchased sessions cannot be refunded, but more than one purchased session can be scheduled at a time.
Return to Top
We recommend scheduling your sessions ahead of time so you'll have a better selection of Live Tutoring session times.
Follow the steps below to schedule a Live Tutoring Session:
1. Sign in to Rosetta Stone on a computer at https://totale.rosettastone.com/sign_in (live tutoring is not currently available on mobile devices).
2. Hover over the “Live Tutoring” button at the top right of your program and click “Schedule”
3. Click “Schedule a session.”
4. Choose from the available topics at the top of your screen.
5. Next, use the calendar to find a session on a day and time that works for you, then click “Schedule” next to a session that already has the Unit and Lesson assigned or one of the Any Topic sessions.
6. You’ll get a pop-up confirming the session you’ve selected. You can confirm by clicking “Schedule Session” or go back and select a different session by clicking “Cancel.”
7. If you book the session, you will get a message that it has been successfully added to your schedule.
8. The session will now appear on your Live Tutoring Dashboard and you’ll have options to perform a system check prior to the session to ensure your audio works properly, or cancel the session by clicking the trash can button in the top right of the session icon.
Any Topic live tutoring sessions are “wild card” sessions that do not have a Unit or Lesson assigned to them (YET!). Any Topic sessions appear under both the Any Topic and all Unit tiles at the top of the screen at first. When a learner selects one of these Any Topic sessions, they will then have the option to choose the Unit and Lesson they would like to cover following the steps below:
1. Select your preferred Unit at the top of the screen OR select Any Topic, then select a day that works for you. Scroll through the available times and click Schedule on the time you would like to book.
2. If you choose an Any Topic session, scroll through the available Units and Lessons, then click on one that works for you. Then click Select.
3. You'll receive confirmation that you would like to schedule this session. Click Schedule Session and it will be added to your schedule.
Here are some tips to prepare for your Live Tutoring session:
1. Sign in to Rosetta Stone on a computer at https://totale.rosettastone.com/sign_in
2. About 30 minutes before the scheduled start time of your Live Tutoring session, you will see a countdown to the Live Tutoring session in the top right corner of your Rosetta Stone homepage.
3. Click on the Live Tutoring icon on your toolbar.
4. On the right side of your Live Tutoring Dashboard, click “Join Session” on the session that is about to start under Upcoming Sessions.
5. Follow the prompts to calibrate your headset and speakers on the System Check screen. Then click “Join” to join the session.
6. Your Live Tutor will appear and greet you once the session begins. Greet your Tutor when you are addressed, remember to speak only in your new language, and enjoy interacting with others!
7. If you encounter issues, let your tutor know either by speaking or using the chat function, or go to support.rosettastone.com to contact our Product Support team.
8. After the session, you can provide a rating and give feedback to help us improve future sessions!
We want to make sure that you have the best possible experience in Live Tutoring, whether you are scheduling, attending, or rescheduling a Live Tutoring session. If you’re having issues with Live Tutoring, please refer to the common troubleshooting steps below.
To view your Live Tutoring session schedule in a different time zone, you must change the Time Zone setting in your profile.
1. Hover over your name on the toolbar, and click "Edit Profile.”
2. Click "Day and Time Settings" on the left side.
3. Use the Time Zone drop-down to choose a different time zone.
4. Click "Save" at the top right, then click the Live Tutoring button at the top to go back to the scheduling tool.
Important: If your time zone does not appear in the selections, then sign out and close all internet browser windows. Adjust the time zone and other time settings (such as daylight savings) through your computer settings then sign back into Rosetta Stone to verify or update your profile.
Echoes in Live Tutoring sessions usually occur because your headset, or another participant's headset, isn't configured properly. Ensuring your headset is configured using the System Check before attending your Live Tutoring session is the best way to prevent echoes in your Live Tutoring session.
If other learners or the coach in your Live Tutoring session can't hear you speaking, even after you've set up your microphone, try leaving and re-entering the Live Tutoring session. If you continue to have difficulties, go to support.rosettastone.com to contact our Product Support team.
Under rare circumstances, Rosetta Stone may have to cancel a Live Tutoring session. For example, a Tutor may be unavailable or the site may experience technical difficulties. If you are scheduled for a Live Tutoring session that is canceled, please schedule another Live Tutoring session as soon as possible.
We know that things can come up, and if you believe you won't be able to attend your Live Tutoring, we encourage you to cancel your registration to help provide other learners the opportunity to attend. You can cancel by signing in to your profile, navigating to the Live Tutoring screen, and clicking the trash can button in the top right of the session you want to cancel.
Then click “Yes, cancel session.”