Rosetta Stone is in the process of removing dependence on Adobe Flash in our products and we are currently inviting clients to participate in our beta program to try it out. If you're interested in the beta program or already have been invited, please read through this article for detailed information that may be useful to planning and distribution within your organization.
Table of Contents
There are no additional features; we’ve just improved the experience by reducing reliance on Adobe Flash.
- Rosetta Stone Course no longer requires Adobe Flash.
- Graphical enhancements have been made but the largest change to users may be the home screen. Home screen update available November 12, 2018
| Home Screen Classic
|Home Screen Beta
Microphone Setup Classic
Microphone Setup Beta
Settings Menu Classic
Settings Menu Beta
No more flash prompts!
More about the home screen
The homescreen is the screen shown right after logging in and from which a user may select a lesson. This area contains the most significant changes:
Getting started in the new interface
Picking up where you left off in your last session or starting a new lesson
- Sign in to enter the home screen
- Click the button highlighted in blue; Start or Resume
Picking a different unit or lesson than what is suggested
- From the home screen, click "Show Menu"
- Select a Unit
- Select a Lesson or Exercise
Exercise status and scores at a glance
Before a learner starts an activity, the progress bar displays the estimated time (just like mobile), and the action button indicates the learner can start the activity.
Once a learner has started an activity, the status above the progress bar changes to "In progress" and the bar fills accordingly:
Text under the status bar displays the number correct, incorrect, and skipped.
- Green indicates correct answers
- Red indicates incorrect answers
- Dark Gray indicates skipped questions
- Light Gray indicates questions not seen
The action button indicates the learner can resume the activity.
|Complete - Passed|
Once a learner has completed the activity, the status above the progress bar displays their score.
If the learner has passed the activity, a green check appears next to the progress bar, and the action changes to "Review."
|Complete - Not Passed|
If the learner has completed the activity but did not meet the score threshold, they'll see a red alert icon next to the progress bar. The action button also shows that they may retry the activity.
Are there limitations?
- Flash is required when accessing Games & Activities and Live Tutoring. More features will be available without Flash as the beta progresses.
- Speech analysis is unavailable in the beta though speech exercises still function.
- Available in all languages offered in Foundations except Arabic and Persian (Farsi)
- Localizations currently available for English. More localizations will be available as the beta progresses.
- Compatible with Chrome 59+, FireFox 57+, Edge 17+, and Safari 11+
What does it take to implement this?
If you’re participating, Rosetta Stone turns on the beta. There’s no additional steps you have to take.
What if something goes wrong?
Contact your Client Manager, email firstname.lastname@example.org, or call 877-223-9848. Rosetta Stone can revert back to classic at any time.