Catalyst Season 2, Rosetta Stone’s next-generation language learning program, helps learners gain confidence in the building blocks of a language by focusing on more than just grammar, translation, and vocabulary. A blend of our award-winning eLearning activities and support from native speaking tutors enables faster and more efficient learning. Plus, Season 2’s mobile optimization gives learners the ability to study wherever they are most engaged — at home, on a commute, in the break room — even offline.
Learners will have more options than ever before to access and stay engaged with Rosetta Stone. Gaining the fluency and confidence needed to do business successfully in their target language has never been easier.
Table of Contents
*Product screenshots are meant to provide a general idea of what Catalyst Season 2 will look like. Design and functionality are subject to change as our Catalyst Season 2 product is updated and refined over time.
- Two Flash-free, simplified learning paths
- Foundations - Beginner (A1 - A2)
- Fluency Builder - Intermediate/Advanced (B1 - C1)
- End-to-end mobile usage
- Mobile registration, assessments, and goal-setting
- Web/mobile lesson parity and progress syncing
- Offline access
- Seek & Speak for the Foundations Learn Languages mobile app
- New unified tutoring experience
- Enhanced administrator tools
Catalyst Season 2’s sleek and simple administrator tools make it easy for administrators to manage multiple facets of their program all in one place. The administrator tools are split up into five tabs:
Reports: view and export learner progress information.
Groups: organize learners in groups for more efficient reporting.
Users: register and remove learners, assign licenses, and send welcome emails.
Licenses: view how many licenses are available and how many are in use.
Settings: view or change proficiency test intervals.
Faster and clearer insight into a learner’s progress means that administrators will be able to provide the support needed to ensure success. Catalyst Season 2 is the only enterprise language solution that measures all four linguistic skills: reading, writing, speaking and listening.
The following reports are available in Catalyst Season 2:
- Usage Report: a general report on all learners that includes last activity date, product, language of study, total time, desktop time, tutoring session time, and mobile time per learner.
- Placement Test Report: a detailed report that includes product placement, CEFR level, and test scores for each learner.
- Learner Growth Report: a detailed report that tracks English, French and Spanish learners and compares their test scores to show improvement over time.
- Usage Report: a general report on all Foundations learners that includes last activity date, training use, extended learning use, and tutoring use per learner.
- Learner Progress Report: a detailed report on a specific learner that includes a list of all activities and the status, score, time spent, date of last attempt, and number of attempts for each activity.
- Organization Usage Report: a general report on total organizational usage per language.
Fluency Builder Reports
- Usage and Skills Report: a detailed report on all Fluency Builder learners that includes last activity date, test CEFR level, total time, and total progress for each learner.
Catalyst Season 2 offers two learning paths based on proficiency level — Foundations for beginners, and Fluency Builder for intermediate/advanced learners.
The learner’s journey starts with a welcome email, which will prompt them to complete their profile (set a password, choose native/interface language, select a voice type and time zone).
Once completed, the learner will be asked to take a goals assessment (all languages) and/or a placement test (English, French, Spanish, and German* only) to determine their proficiency level and ideal starting place in the program. The goals assessment asks how long they’ve previously studied the language, which skills they want to improve, what topics they would like to study, etc. The placement test assigns their proficiency level based on their speaking, listening, reading, and writing skills.*German placement test coming Q2/Q3 2019.
If the learner is identified as a beginner language learner, they will be placed in Foundations (A1 - A2).
If the learner is identified as an intermediate/advanced language learner, they will be placed in Fluency Builder (B1 - C1).
Foundations (Beginner, A1 - A2)
- Chinese (Mandarin)
- English (American)
- English (British)
- Filipino (Tagalog)
- Persian (Farsi)
- Portuguese (Brazil)
- Spanish (Latin America)
- Spanish (Spain)
Fluency Builder (Intermediate/Advanced, B1 - C1)
Catalyst Season 2 is optimized for mobile devices and offers a best-in-class mobile experience powered by our Adaptive Blended Learning (ABLe) platform. Our new end-to-end mobile technology allows admins and learners to go completely mobile for the first time ever! Administrators can register learners, and learners can complete their onboarding, assessments, and lessons right from a smartphone or tablet. Web/mobile lesson parity and progress syncing also allow learners to move seamlessly between devices and learn anywhere, anytime — including offline