Stories are just that, a story that is written and narrated by native speakers of the language you're learning. You can listen and read along at the same time. Stories offer broader exposure to your new language in a wide range of entertaining pieces—read poetry, take a tour of a city or hear about a family's work on their farm.
Make a choice below to learn more about Stories:
Where to find Stories
Stories can be accessed through an Online Subscription or through the Learn Language With Rosetta Stone mobile app on Apple devices.
Which do you have?
- Click Extended Learning
- Click Read
Learn Languages With Rosetta Stone (iOS)
- From the main screen, tap the Menu button at the top right
- Tap Extended Learning
- Tap Stories
How to use Stories
Although the interface may look different between the mobile app and the web, using Stories is fundamentally equal.
- Select a Story you find interesting and is at your skill level based on the unit you have completed in My Lessons
- It may ask to test your microphone prior to starting
- Once in the Story, you can select three way to read; Read, Listen, and Record
How are you accessing Stories?
Through a web browser
- Once in the story, you can select one of the three icons to change modes from Listen, Read, and Record
- If you have a hard time reading due to small print, resize using the tool at the top right.
- You can start and stop the reading and recording at any time.
Through an Apple mobile device
- Tap on a story of choice. It will download but once complete, tap on it again.
- You'll be placed into Read The Story initially. There is no recording or native speaker; just you reading.
- Tap the Headphones to listen to the story as read by a native speaker
- Tap the Avatar to record yourself reading the story while being scored by our TruAccent speech recognition technology.