Phrasebook provides common phrases pronounced by a native speaker and allows you to practice saying them yourself. The Phrasebook is currently available for Spanish (LA), English (American), French, German, and Italian. Please note that this function is unavailable for K-12 organizations by default.
Make a choice below to learn more about Phrasebook:
Where to find Phrasebook
Phrasebook can be accessed through an Online Subscription or through the Learn Language With Rosetta Stone mobile app on Apple devices.
Which do you have?
- Click Extended Learning and then Phrasebook at the top of the screen.
Learn Languages With Rosetta Stone (iOS)
- From the main screen, tap the Menu button at the top right
- Tap Extended Learning
- Tap Phrasebook
How to use Phrasebook
Although the interface may look different between the mobile app and the web, using Phrasebook is fundamentally the same.
- Select a Phrasebook of your interest
- It may ask to test your microphone prior to starting
- Once in the Phrasebook, you may listen to the speaker and then attempt to pronounce that same phrase.
How are you accessing Phrasebook?
Through a web browser
- Once you enter a Phrasebook, click the play button to hear the native speaker
- Click the record button to practice the phrase yourself powered by our TruAccent speech recognition technology.
- To view a phrase in your native language, click to view it. Click it again to turn off translation.
Through an Apple mobile device
- Once you enter a Phrasebook, tap the play button to hear the native speaker
- Tap the record button to practice the phrase yourself powered by our TruAccent speech recognition technology.
- To view the phrase in your native language, tap to view it. Tap it again to turn off translation.