Sometimes CD or DVD-ROM drives have trouble reading our installation discs, and the problem will look like the computer can't find the disc, or you'll get an error while installing Rosetta Stone. In most cases, there's nothing wrong with the discs, but the CD-ROM drive can't figure out how to read it. The good news is that if you have a broadband connection this problem is easily solved. Instead of installing with CDs that came with your program, you'll download the entire program from the internet and install. That way you can avoid the CD problem and get straight to learning.
You have a broadband connection:
Follow the article for Installing Version 3 without a CD-ROM drive or Installing Rosetta Stone Language Learning without a CD-ROM drive. It'll walk you through downloading and installing the Rosetta Stone program so you can bypass the CD problem.
You do not have a broadband connection:
If you've put the CD in the computer's drive but it isn't being recognized, please try the following solutions:
- Eject the CD and check the shiny side for dust/scratches.
- If it's dirty, clean it with a soft cloth, then try the CD again.
- Insert the CD into the drive--wait 10 seconds.
- Mac OS X : You'll see the CD drive appear on your desktop. If you double click the CD icon from your desktop, you should see the CD's contents.
- Windows : Some computers may display an autorun prompt. If you don't see the auto-run prompt you can browse the CD by opening your start menu and clicking Computer (or My Computer in Windows XP ), then clicking on your CD drive.
- If your computer has multiple CD drives, try the other drive. If the CD is recognized, continue using this drive for Rosetta Stone.
- Try restarting your computer with the CD in the drive.
- If you have access to another computer, try loading the CD works on that computer. If the CD is recognized, you may have an issue with the first computer's CD drive. If this is the case, try to install Rosetta Stone from a USB flash drive, by following these installation instructions .
If the CD still isn't being recognized, you may have a defective CD. Please contact Rosetta Stone Support for a replacement.