I activated my Rosetta Stone Version 3 before but now it's no longer activated. Why?
This can happen if your activation files have been involuntarily reset. A few causes are:
-Your date and time settings changed.
-You “migrated” the activation files from one hard drive to another.
- You recently did a “system restore”.
- A security program has manipulated the activation files.
Here's how to fix it:
First, make sure your date and time is correct:
1. Double-click on the time in the lower right.
2. If your date, time, or time zone is incorrect adjust it, then click OK .
2. If your date, time or time zone is incorrect you may adjust it here.
3. Click OK .
1. Click the Apple icon, then System Preferences .
2. Select Date & Time .
3. Ensure your date and time is correct.
4. Click on the Time Zone tab and ensure that is correct.
Second, attempt to activate your program:
If the boxes don't appear so that you can enter your Activation ID, here's how to fix it.