Rosetta Stone® Advantage Microphone Tips
There are a variety of reasons why your microphone may not be working correctly within Rosetta Stone Advantage. To make sure that it is working correctly, you can run through this checklist:
- Make sure you are not using the "Stop" button during a speech recognition exercise and that you're always waiting for the result rather than stopping the exercise.
- If you are using Google Chrome and are entering a speech recognition exercise, you may need to click on "Allow" in order to be able to use the microphone.
- If you are using a computer with a Windows operating system, make sure that your headset is plugged in before starting the computer.
- Make sure that your microphone is correctly configured with Adobe Flash Player and that your version of Adobe Flash Player is up to date.
- If you need to adjust your microphone settings, you can do so by accessing the "Settings" on the left side-bar and by selecting "Speech Recognition-Microphone Settings" from the ensuing menu.
On the next screen, you can do the following
- In section 1, "Select Microphone," make sure that you have the correct recording device selected.
- In section 2, "Microphone Test," you can make a test recording and, upon listening to it, learn more about solving common audio problems by clicking on the information icons under "What Did You Hear?"
- In section 3, "Microphone Settings," you can speak and check the volume of your voice, manually adjust the microphone sensitivity until it fits your optimal voice range, and check the "Reduce echo" box if you're finding that echo is an issue.
When you've finished, click on "Save Settings" in the bottom right hand corner of your screen.