Configuring Your Headset from the Windows XP Control Panel
For best results, use a USB device: either a USB headset or USB earbuds equipped with a microphone.
1. Plug your headset into an available USB-Port .
2. Open the Start Menu .
3. Click the Control Panel icon.
4. Double-click Sounds and Audio Devices. If you do not see the Sounds and Audio Devices icon, click Switch to Classic View on the upper-left of your screen.
5. Click the Audio Tab (see Figure 1).
6. Use the drop-down menu under the Sound playback heading to select your device ( s ee Figure 1). Your device may be listed as C-Media USB Audio Device , USB VoIP Device or Other USB Device.
7. Use the drop-down menu under Sound recording heading to select your device ( s ee Figure 1). It should have the same name as the device that you selected in the previous step.
Figure 1 . Sound and Audio Device Properties
8. Select Use only default devices to default your settings to the USB device.
9. Adjust the volume for Sound Playback to approximately 75%.
10. Click OK to save the changes.