Configuring Your Headset from the Windows Vista and Windows 7 Control Panel
For best results, use a USB device: either a USB headset or USB earbuds equipped with a microphone.
1. Plug your headset into an available USB-Port.
2. Open the Start menu.
3. Click on the Control Panel.
4. If you're viewing the Control Panel by Category, click Hardware and Sound and then Sound. If you're viewing by Large or Small icons, click Sound.
5. On the Playback tab, highlight your device by clicking on it. Your device may be listed as C-Media USB Audio Device , USB VoIP Device or Other USB Device.
6. Click the Set Default button. If there's a green checkmark next to your preferred device, it's already set as the Default Device.
7. Click the Properties button.
8. Click the Levels tab.
9. Adjust the Speakers to 30.
10. Click OK.
11. Click the Recording tab.
12. Highlight your device by clicking on it. It should have the same name as the device that you selected in the Playback tab.
13. Click the Set Default button. If there's a green checkmark next to your preferred device, it's already set as the Default Device.
14. Click OK.