If you are experiencing technical difficulty installing Rosetta Stone, check out our Technical Solutions articles .
Installing Rosetta Stone Version 3 - Windows
1. Find the CD labeled Application in the yellow envelope that came in your Rosetta Stone box.
2. Insert the Application CD into your CD-drive.
3. Close the pop-up window that appears after you insert the CD (some systems the pop-up window may not be displayed. If you do not see the window you can skip to step 3).
4. Select your interface language. Your interface language is your native language , not the language you want to learn.
5. Click OK
6. Rosetta Stone will extract the installation files
The Rosetta Stone Setup Wizard will appear
7. Click Next
Make sure to read the License Agreement thoroughly before proceeding
9. Check Accept.
10. Click Next.
11. Click Next to install Rosetta Stone to the default folder.
12. Click Install.
Rosetta Stone Version 3 will now install onto your computer
13. Click Finish.
14. Open Rosetta Stone and add your Language Levels.
Adding Language Levels
When you start Rosetta Stone you will be prompted to install your language levels.
1. Click Add a Language Level.
2. Insert your Language CD into your CD drive and wait 15 seconds for the drive to detect the CD. On some Windows computers, the auto-play wizard may open a new window. Close this window.
3. Go back to Rosetta Stone and click Continue.
The Rosetta Stone program will now search for the language CD that is in your CD drive.
4. Click Install selected language
5. Click Accept, when you see the prompt below, to approve the location of the installation.
Installing a Language level requires 600 MB of free disk space on your computer’s hard drive.
As the level installs, the following screen will appear, showing how much time is left in the installation process:
7. Click Continue after the level has been installed.
8. Enter your Activation ID in the boxes on the Unactivated Products tab (this can be found on the Activation Card that came in your Rosetta Stone box).
9. Click Activate on the bottom left corner of the activation window.
11. Click Continue.
To add another language level at a later time, please see this article
If you are still in need of assistance, please contact Rosetta Stone Support .